Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturday Mid Day Run

So I failed to wake up this morning and yesterday as well, so to "make up" we did a speed run for 3 miles. Finishing run temperature was 86 with heat index of 93. We finished the run with time of 22:48, give or take 20 seconds because my finger accidentally hit stop after a mile.

No pain was felt and ankle feels fine, hopefully it will heal by Monday's run. I am going to start a new thing with refueling besides what I have been doing of flavored water. Going to try sports drinks, mainly powerade. My research is telling me that I should be drinking those before hydration sets in to give me energy when needed, not when it runs out.

When I ran my 26 last year, I drank a big bottle of Smartwater during my run, only drinking about a cup after every 7 miles, and felt great in regards to hydration. My only concern with sports drinks is that they tend to make me more thirsty. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment