Saturday, August 11, 2012

Death

With 56 days until the Chicago Marathon, for some strange reason, the possibility of death from running in the marathon has come into my mind. Its weird as to why anyone would want to think of that possibility happening but as a realistic person, knowing that, it does exist. I don't consider myself the most fit or well trained but do believe I have trained enough to finish the race. Even last August when I ran my 26.2, on the treadmill at Wyatt's gym, I remember thinking the night before what if this happens, but I managed to push the idea aside and finish what I had set out to do. I was reading news article about a 30 year old Claire Squires, from England who passed at the 25 mile mark of the London Marathon this year. Her cause of death has been ruled due to irregular heartbeat, something preexisting. I myself have never gone to a doctor for anything outside of a grade school required medical, so how am I to know of any preexisting heart conditions. I have ran in some pretty serious heat and managed to do fine, I believe only once did it become excess where I was seeing stars, or bright flashes. Hopefully the temperatures that day will be in the upper 50's with highs in the mid 60's around finish time. I don't know if this alone could prevent death but it sure would help with heart failure due to it being overworked or cooked. So it raises the question? How would I want to be remembered, what thoughts would I want people to have or what things for them to say about me? I guess you can't control what they say or believe as long as they know that any wrong doing on my behalf was unintentional. Hell I know I deserve everything that has ever happened to me but believe me when I say it that everynight I go to sleep thanking the man upstairs for having another day to live and giving me the chance to be a better person the next day. I guess I really wouldn't anyone to cry for me, or even know if anyone would shed a tear for me but rather think of the fun times, the stupid moments, the intelligent conversations, and ways I tried to help or did.

No comments:

Post a Comment