Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hotel

Well not a running update, but news about the marathon. I was able to score a hotel, relatively close to Grant Park which is the start of the marathon.

I was actually worried due to the fact that every hotel within Chicago city limits is booked. The closet thing I found were hotels near the airports, O'hare and Midway, which would have sucked given that they both take about 40 mins to get into town.

My stay came from cancellations through the actual Bank Of America Chicago Marathon site, putting me up at Hotel 71. I had originally planned for 4 nights of complete relaxation leading up to marathon, but I booked three as it was kinda pricey and 4 days being alot of time to be alone and staying in a hotel.

All that needs to be booked now is my plane ticket. This to has also changed from original plan, which was to drive there, to have transportation. Upon finding that parking at the hotel was $50 a day, the decision was easy to make.

38 days until the big day....

No comments:

Post a Comment