Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Blogs

Well this kinda bites, I just found out that all my blogs which I thought had been saved to my phone, were never saved or deleted.  Only thing to do know is to keep posting from here out.  Some of those blogs talked about my music selection, equipment, and of course how I actually felt on those days with distances and times posted.  Oh well.  I have decided to get off the marathon schedule and do what worked for me last time around when I ran my 26.2.  Last year I did something which I found out was very unconventional but for some reason worked, which was running 7 miles every day without a day off.  Now I plan on tweaking this a bit by running the same schedule of Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday's.  My version is going to be 7 miles on those days with my long day, Sunday, me running 13 miles.  Part of my decision was based on the fact that some of the Olympic marathon runners have opted not to run in the Chicago Marathon, I guess they didn't want to lose to me, lol.  Their reasons came down to it being to short of a period of time to be in optimal performance to let the body heal in time.  They are professionals and run about twice as fast as myself, so I'm sure they know what they are doing.  My decision is based on my internal motivation which has helped me run, meaning when I ran my first 26.2, I had no formal training, it was on a treadmill and I managed to finish without stopping, except for my 60 sec restroom break, which I will provide details for in a later post.  I just want to finish, and the keys to me finishing my run in Chicago, is music, proper stretching, and people cheering on the 45,000 plus running in the race.  Adios punks, till tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment