Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bad Morning Turning To Great Run

So my day didn't start off as planned. It started by me sleeping past my alarms for my running club meetup at 6:00 AM but still managed to turn it into a real positive run afterall.

I woke up at 5:30 as normal but hit the 5:45 snooze button and didn't wake up till 6:16. I laid in bed for couple mins in disgust before throwing covers off and going about my run on my own.

I set out at 6:45 ish and started right outside of my apartment. I knew that I wanted go get in 7 miles but didnt want to keep looking at gps, as it dismotivates me so I kept count of songs played. I figured 2 songs for every mile with adding another 5 songs to make up for short songs. The run was going great, everything from temperature, 64 degrees, to no stretching, Ill explain that part another day, to the actual run itself. Right when was thinking of checking time I looked at the gps and figured I had another 2 to 2.5 miles until my 7 mile mark and to my suprise I had already passed it. If only I could explain the joy running through my mind. Since I was feeling so good, I kept going and put in 9.36.

I don't know how much my experiment of pasta for lunch worked and not eating anything after 3 PM, but it leaves something to try again manana due to todays success. We shall see???

No comments:

Post a Comment